Breakfast is hard. I’ve heard this over and over again, while I’m a simple Eggs and Kale girl usually, this recipie is a great make ahead item! It has sausage so it’s savory, and sweet potato for a little sweetness in there and it’s loaded with veggies! This is my first recipe on the blog, and I couldn’t be more excited!!!! I use this on weeks I know I’m not going to be able to make breakfast, but I still want something filling.
You can alter this recipie with whatever veggies you like, you can also just toss in whatever is left in the fridge to use your vegetables up before they go bad. That’s what I love about quiches, the ingredients are so interchangeable that anyone can enjoy them! 🙂
Now, onto the recipe!
1/2 of a large sweet potato or 1 small sweet potato, shredded
1 lb breakfast sausage
1C mushrooms, roughly chopped
2 small tomatoes
1 small onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. rosemary
1/4 tsp. thyme
1/4 tsp. sage
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Shred the sweet potato with a cheese grater on the largest side
- Chop onion, mushrooms, garlic and set aside.
- Brown sausage in a pan on medium-high heat.
- Once finished place sausage in a lightly greased baking dish.
- Add the veggies and sweet potato to pan, on medium-high heat
- Season with all the seasonings.
- Once softened, add to the pan that has the sausage in it.
- Beat the eggs and add to the top of the other ingredients. Thinly slice tomato and place on top.
- Bake in the oven for 25min, or until eggs are no longer runny on top.