I’m all for alliterations (obviously 😉 ) but, really… this is the best banana bread I’ve had in awhile!! So I thought I would share the recipie, these are such a great recipe for families with picky eaters because there are so many variations you can create! These are also great for families like mine that love to have something sweet at night, so this is a healthier alternative to cookies or ice cream! I made three different variations I’m sharing with you but get creative and try your own!!
Best Banana Bread
2-3 very ripe banana’s (I like to use the brown bananas or darkest I have)
1/3C coconut oil (melted)
1 tsp. baking soda
pinch of salt
1/2C brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2C whole wheat flour
1/4 C milk (I used almond milk) or water
1 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325
- Place muffin liners in muffin tin
- In a bowl mash the bananas
- stir in melted oil
- add baking soda, salt and cinnamon
- add sugar, beaten eggs and vanilla
- mix in flour slowly
- Add whatever toppings you would like! I add about a 1/2 cup of shredded coconut and pecans, dried cherries and dark chocolate morsels. but this is where you vary it depending on you! try some other dried fruit, almonds, whatever you think sounds good!
- Bake in the oven for about 30min or until you can insert a toothpick and it come out clean.
Easy peasy!! These are so good with the brown sugar (I know it’s different than your normal banana bread, but don’t knock it till you try it!) I hope you all enjoy these as much as me and my family did!