Summer is on it’s way and I can’t wait!!! I love summer between the fresh watermelon, berries, zucchini, tomatoes, and much more! I can’t wait for all the fresh salad recipes for cookouts, and that’s just what this one is! I made this for my families memorial day cookout, we spent the day by the pool with cooked burgers, brats, and had a ton of fresh salads, along with your normal BBQ things (Baked beans, coleslaw, etc. for my family)
Barbeques’s are probably one of my favorite things, I love the fresh food and the taste of grilled meat!
This recipe was delicious my only suggestion is to serve it while still warm, because it just tastes so good that way!! If your going to make it in advance I would suggest just overnight in the fridge.
Pesto Pasta Salad
1 pint of grape tomatoes
1 can of large black olives
8oz. of fresh mozzarella pearls
1 box of rotini pasta*
1 C pesto
- Cook pasta according to package for al dente noodles**
- Cut the tomatoes and olives in half and place into a bowl
- Once pasta is cooked add everything into the same bowl
- Once the pasta cools a bit, add the mozzarella pearls
- After all ingredients are added toss in the pesto and either serve warm or chill for a couple hours.
* We used GF, because my sister has sensitivities to is
**When making a pasta salad you want them to be a little more on the al dente side, because it soaks in sauce normally. If your using GF noodles like we did, cook them till they are like you would eat them with sauce, nice and soft. They don’t soak down like regular noodles do as well.
I can’t wait to dig into this salad all summer long! I hope you all enjoy it as much as me and my family did 🙂